Rabbit & Guinea Pig Pellets 20kg
Vella Rabbit & Guinea Pig Food Pellets.
A very popular and high-quality rabbit and guinea pig food. A well-balanced diet, high in Lucerne for good nutrition and high palatability.
Rabbit & Guinea Pig Pellets has been formulated to suit all breeds of domestic rabbits and guinea pigs. Lactating animals may require additional protein to assist with milk production with the inclusion of high-quality roughage and greens.
- High-Quality Proteins - No urea, all protein in the form of true proteins sources.
- Universal - Suited to both domestic rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Trace Mineral Premix - To assist in maintaining nutritional balance and pet health.
- High Fibre - To help assist healthy gut function.
- Pellet - easier acceptance and intake by pets, less wastage.
- Clearly Identifiable Bags - Avoids using the wrong product.
Typical Analysis As Fed Dry Matter
Energy MJ/ME (kg) 10.30 11.55
Protein (%) 16.00 18.00
Calcium (%) 4.00 4.50
Phosphorus (%) 0.26 0.30 Fibre (%) 10.30 11.55 Fat (%) 3.70 4.15
- Feed pellets with green such as native grass, chaff, lucerne hay and vegetables.
- Avoid vegetables for baby kittens.
- Do not over feed adult rabbits (>18 weeks), hay and greens ad-lib and maximum one cup (150 grams) of pellets per day, smaller amounts for smaller breeds.
- Guinea Pigs can be fed ad-lib, monitor weight gain and control access to pellets if they appear to be gaining too much weight.
- Move hutch on a regular basis.
- Remove stale feed.
- Fresh, cool, clean water to be available at all times. Average consumption 100 - 150 ml per kg of body weight per day, more during hot, humid weather.
- DO NOT change feed suddenly.
- Provide suitable shelter for extreme weather conditions.
- Avoid sudden frights from other pets or wildlife and humans.
- Animal health can be affected by external factors including housing, variable weather conditions, predators, inoculations and hygiene to name a few.
- Phase supplementary feeding both in and out gradually to help avoid set backs.
- Young are very susceptible to cold and draughts, housing should be well vented but draught free.
- Ensure clean, cool water is accessible at all times.
- Feeders and waterers need to be easily accessible and cleaned of litter on a regular basis.