Kelato GastroAID RECOVERY 5.25kg
Aids horses recovering from gastric ulcers.
What is GastroAID Recovery?
GastroAID Recovery (formerly GastroAID Digestive) is Kelato’s ultimate supplement, targeting both foregut and hindgut health, aiding recovery from gastric ulcers and other common digestive conditions.
GastroAID Recovery is unique as it provides therapeutic levels of the “coating agents” pectin and lecithin, which form a barrier over the stomach wall to protect it from acid burn and strengthen the mucosal lining.
GastroAID Recovery is designed for horses with equine gastric ulcer syndrome (EGUS), horses recovering from EGUS, or those under a significant amount of stress. If your horse is prone to developing gastric ulcers, we recommend using GastroAID Recovery during stressful periods.
How does it work?
- Moderates Gut Transit Time: Wholegrain oat flour delays stomach emptying to maintain a healthy rate of food passage through the digestive system, allowing for optimal digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Neutralises Gastric Acid: Antacids stabilise (buffer) stomach pH to reduce irritation to the stomach lining.
- Coats Stomach Lining: Pectin forms a gel-like layer over the stomach to protect the lining from the corrosive effects of gastric acid.
- Strengthens Stomach Lining: Lecithin is a phospholipid that improves the integrity of the epithelial cells to help maintain a healthy stomach lining.
- Blocks Harmful Bacteria: Agrimos® prebiotic blocks the colonisation of bad bacteria in the gut, reducing the risk of diarrhoea and disease. It also enhances the body’s immune response to infection.
Features & Benefits
- Ultimate gut support
- Superior feed conversion
- Effective pre- & probiotics
A healthy digestive system means a healthier horse. GastroAID Recovery will help bring your horse back to its full potential by:
- Optimising total gut function
- Protecting total gut health
- Improving feed conversion efficiency
GastroAID Recovery helps your horse’s gut better cope with the stresses of exercise, stabling, travelling and competition. You will start to notice positive changes in your horse such as improvements in:
- Ability to perform
- Body condition
- Coat quality
- Manure consistency
- Wholegrain oat flour
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Calcium carbonate
- Magnesium oxide
- Agrimos® prebiotic (Mano-Oligosaccharides and Beta-Glucans)
- Levucell SC® probiotic (Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain SC l-1077)
- Lucerne meal
- Aniseed flavouring
- Calcium propionate (preservative)