Coolstance Copra Meal
CoolStance is a premium quality copra meal, made from the white part of the coconut, which is dried, baked and ground. It is a totally natural product and is chemical and GMO free. It is produced by just one copra mill in Papua New Guinea and is of assured quality and routinely tested for Aflatoxins.
CoolStance copra is a unique horse feed because it has low Non Structural Carbohydrate (NSC), and yet has a high digestible energy content. CoolStance is packed with ‘cool' energy from coconut oil and fibre from coconut meal. CoolStance copra is suitable for most horses and can be fed to maintain a natural state of gut health and insulin sensitivity, ie normal insulin metabolism.
- CoolStance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 20 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fibre (15 MJ DE/kg DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behaviour in horses
- Contains < 11% Non Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low GI feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, flaxseed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested.
- MCT from coconut oil may have antimicrobial actions from the Lauric and Caprylic acid
- MCT are thought to maintain a healthy gut
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May improve body, hoof and coat condition.
- Reduces hay requirement
- May avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS)